You may have seen halogen ovens advertised on TV, but it’s quite possible that you aren’t fully aware of the benefits which they offer.
Halogen ovens are much faster than conventional ovens – typically they cook in about one third of the time of a conventional oven. Of course, you can achieve fast cooking times with a microwave – but the beauty of halogen is that you can achieve microwave type cooking times whilst still being able to do all that you would in a normal oven.
As a general rule; if you can cook it in a standard oven, you can cook it in a halogen oven – but a lot faster.
And because it’s faster, it takes less energy. Halogen ovens typically use about 25% of the energy of a conventional oven to cook the same meal.
They’re simple to operate and keep clean (most have a “self clean” mode) – and the glass bowl means that you’ll always be able to keep an eye on your food as it’s cooking.
Here’s a quick video summary of the benefits of halogen ovens:
Healthy Halogen Ovens
The speed and versatility of halogen ovens makes them a great addition to any kitchen. However, the benefits don’t stop there; halogen ovens can also be good for your health.
Because they use less oil – a lot less oil – to prepare food, you’ll be able to enjoy the types of food that you like without feeling guilty, and without having to worry about your weight or your health. Giving up your favorite food – like fried chicken or French fries – can be really difficult to do, but if you can have a (much) healthier version of those foods you’ll find it a lot easier to stick to your healthy diet.
You can air fry thing like breaded chicken using no oil at all. French fries (or thick, chunky chips if you prefer) will require no more than a spoonful of oil. You get all of the taste and flavor – with no more than a fraction of the fat and/or oil. It really is like getting the best of both worlds.
Here’s a quick video which shows how to cook fries in a halogen oven with hardly any oil at all:
You can even dehydrate food in your halogen oven and make your own healthy snacks if you want. Halogen ovens are an absolute boon for anybody who wants to eat a healthy diet – but who doesn’t want to give up their favorite foods and snacks.
- A fast and convenient way to prepare your food.
- Can cook from frozen.
- Low energy usage – saves you money and is environmentally friendly.
- Versatile – cooks many items that microwaves can’t cope with.
- Cook anything that you would normally cook in a conventional oven (and a few that you wouldn’t).
- Add less oil for healthy meals.
- Easy to operate.
- Easy to clean.
- Small and unobtrusive. Fit them on your countertop with no need for major alterations in your kitchen.
- Plugs in to any handy power outlet.
- Ideal for small kitchens, student dorms, the workplace, RV’s etc.
- Inexpensive – a fraction of the cost of a conventional oven.
- Portable, take your halo oven with you if you move, or even if you just go away for a weekend.
Have a look around this site and see if you get some ideas on how to use a halogen oven. There are reviews of individual ovens and some simple recipe suggestions for you to try if you like.
Alternatively, if you’ve already made up your mind to treat yourself (you’ll wonder how you got along without one), check out the selection of halogen ovens on Amazon.